The Handbook of Sludge Pumping is a printed product in elegant and durable hard cover with its content illustrated with color pictures. In it the word “sludge” refers to the solid residuals from a variety of waste water treatment processes. The book is available in both English and German.
The technical content of the book is divided into 6 different chapters and one appendix. In order of appearance the chapters deals with:
The fundamentals of pipe borne Newtonian and non Newtonian liquid transportation
• The characteristics of the most common sludge types in a Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP)
• How to estimate the required pump head/pressure in a sludge transportation system
• The characteristics and suitability of the pumps frequently used in sludge pumping systems
• The most common sludge pumping applications found in a WWTP and their characteristics
• Several case stories one of which is analysed in detail using the methodology put forward in the book
• Finally an appendix gives a summary of basic pumping theory for centrifugal pumps.
The book is designed to be useful for the consultant who seeks guidance and hands on recommendations when dealing with sludge transportation. It is also useful for the engineer in need of a tool for analysis of his sludge pumping system or to any professional dealing with sludge pumping. Thanks to the practical approach to the subject, its numerous illustrations, its tables and worked out examples, we also believe the book can serve as a source of inspiration to anyone who is setting up external or internal seminars, training sessions or customer events.
For more information, contact your local Xylem Office.